wibiya widget

Sunday, November 16, 2008

History in the making..

"Papa was a rolling stone, wherever he laid his hat was his "home!!!


Before my father did his long 10 yr bid in jail, he somehow managed to produce 10 kids.. lol We range from 24 to 15. None of us have ever met. So in my quest to find my siblings, i contacted four sibs, but only two responded the way i liked. The latter, I really just wanted to yell at them because of their reasoning.. they (the only sisters with the same mom) felt that because my father didn't do anything for them they didn't want to have anything to with him or his kids (that i understand and i respect that.. this is what made me mad..--->) the only person we have anything to do is Grandpa Joe.. First and foremost, if you claim our grandfather, you have to claim my daddy, because without our dad, jow would not be your grandfather. Secondly, the only reason they are claiming my grandfather is because he gives them money. Thirdly, my grandfather asks these two heffas if they wanted to get to know and talk to me and they said yes, which is the reason, i contacted them in the first place. i had half of mind to cuss them out but i simply said, i honestly don't think it's fair that you claim Grandpa joe and not the rest of us. you saying that my father didn't do anything for you. if you wasn't for him being with your mom, you wouldn't be here. He has tried to get involved in your lives but all you did was push him away. Yea, i understand he wasn't there for the beginning of your life but he was trying get in touch to show you that his is here and has changed for the better. Anyways it's done. all i have to say is, i am here. I am here if you ever need anyone to talk to or whatever. i'm just glad i took the chance in contacting you regardless of your feelings of the situation.



so should i still be mad?.. i understand half of their reasoning, but in the end, it's sort of an insult to me. What should i do?? "Love & Be Blessed, Latrice

3 comments:

Mrs. Denga said...

Let it go. I was in a similar situation with a sister who wiill not respond to me when I try to contact her, yet her mom still talks to my dad. Oh well, wjat is being mad gonna do. Let it go. Pray for people and keep moving.

Mrs. Denga said...

Let it go. Being mad is not going to change anything. Pray and let it go...

Sleeping Beauty said...

You called them "heffas" - you were mad, lol. But I say to let it go like Mrs. Denga said. It is unfair that they won't "claim" and of your dad's other children because of what your dad did. It's not your fault, your absence didn't take away from their lives the same way your father's absence may have. I would be bothered by that too. But, you may not be able to change their mind so just do what you did in the blog - let them know you'll be here for them. Sry to hear that. =(